Love yourself by taking care of you skin this winter
Throughout the colder months the skin is stripped of its natural moisture by wind, central heating, and low humidity. Even those who don't normally suffer from dry skin can find the winter months a problem.
So.. what can we do to help?
At Body Basix, we offer a wide range of products and treatments to get you through the winter season with a hydrated and supple complexion
Hydrating cleansers - many cleansers contain ingredients that can dry out the skin even further!
Cleansers we recommend:
- Alumier HydraBoost is a smooth, hydrating pH-balanced creamy cleanser that delicately removes impurities, excess oil, and makeup. Vitamin E, sunflower seed oil and Argan oil moisturise, leaving skin smooth, soft, and intensely hydrated.
- Alumier Sensi Calm is a smooth, hydrating cleanser that delicately removes impurities and excess oil while calming skin. Yucca root extract is a gentle natural cleanser; niacinamide, ceramides, vitamin E and sunflower seed oil moisturise, leaving skin smooth, soft, and intensely hydrated. Aloe soothes skin and calms redness.
Moisturisers - needed to replace the natural moisture that has been stripped away from the skin
Moisturisers we recommend:
- Alumier Hydra Light moisturiser is a light formula that nourishes and improves skin texture using soothing and hydrating ingredients. It contains Powerhouse peptides which firm and strengthen the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Alumier Hydra Calm moisturiser is a rich and restorative hydrator packed with natural calming ingredients specifically formulated to soothe redness-prone and sensitive skin.
- Alumier Hydra Clarité moisturiser is an ultra-light non-comedogenic antioxidant-rich hydrator specially formulated for oily and blemish-prone skin.
- Alumier Hydra Smooth moisturiser is an ultra-light, non-comedogenic hydrator specifically formulated to restore clarity to acne-prone skin. Salicylic acid deeply penetrates pores to remove dead skin cells, help control the spread and development of acne blemishes and allow skin to heal.
- Guinot Hydrazone - Can be used for all skin types, providing long lasting moisture to the cells.
- Guinot Nutrizone - Intensive nourishing cream for dry skin.
Exfoliator- dead skin cells on the surface of the skin block the moisturiser reaching the live skin cells that need it!
Exfoliators we recommend:
- Alumier AHA Renewal Serum is a clarifying formula with an alpha hydroxy acid that gently but thoroughly exfoliates, and hydrators to reduce the visible signs of ageing and promote brighter, firmer, and more radiant skin.
SPF- Everyday essential!!
SPF should be worn every morning even throughout the winter to protect the skin from free radicals, a major cause of ageing.
Treatments to give you an extra helping hand
1. Alumier deep moisture treatment
An intensely hydrating mask treatment which soothes and infuses moisture into dehydrated, sensitive, and irritated skin. Sodium hyaluronate and vitamin B5 lock in moisture to the cells, while arnica and shea butter soothe and calm any sensitivities/ irritation.
Results = hydrated, plump, and glowing skin
2. CACI hydratone treatment
Combines active microcurrent rollers with a unique, electrically conductive silicone gel mask that has been infused with powerful hydrating properties. The rollers gently massage the face causing the mask to become electrically charged so that the whole face is bathed with rejuvenating energy.
Results= plump out and smooth deep lines and wrinkles and provides immediate and intensive skin hydration and face firming.
3. Guinot Hydradermie Cellular Energy
Deep cleanses, rehydrates and rejuvenates the skin. Following through skin preparation this complete treatment uses double ionisation to enable deep penetration of active ingredients, an oxygenation phase follows to relax, purify, and brighten the skin.
Results= purifies, hydrates, and brightens skin